9.16.2010

Guys Pt. I - Hats and Clay

Victor Ross (L.A. Models)





There seems like no better way to start this blog then on my birthday. Yes, today is my birthday and to celebrate I am giving myself the best present possible. A full day shoot to complete my upcoming book. Today 25 guys are coming in. Anthony Merante is doing some crazy makeup and Anita Patrickson, our UK-import stylist for the shoot, has put together some amazing costumes. Behind the scenes pics coming soon... but for now check out these pictures from Part I of last week's shoot.
Benjamin Patterson got to spa as he worked - Anthony painted his full body in a clay face mask to achieve his scaly look

The shoot itself encompassed several different stories, but my two favorites were the Body Painting story (just above) and the Hat Story (below).  The body painting involved a LOT of baby oil, glitter and even clay. Anita stayed up with her assistant Jesse until 4am the night before making these hats (Thanks Anita!). Seeing these manly guys sitting so prim & proper in such extravagant hats.. It was really surreal. Check out Carter C. from Wilhelmenia - I love this shot.


Special thanks to Philip Solomon and Adele Satori at Way2Much Entertainment for hooking us up today with some incredible props. I'll post the pics from today SOON. Get ready - it's gonna be sick..
Blake Kneisley (Vision Models) let off a little steam after a LONG day of work.